Edinburgh - 0131 228 2083
Glasgow - 0141 248 6552

McGill & Co is a Scottish immigration law firm specialising in UK immigration, nationality and refugee law.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) factsheet: visa customers outside of the UK Monday 8 June 2020

09 June 2020 Grace McGill Blog

The Home Office has published guidance on GOV.UK on immigration provisions for individuals affected by travel restrictions associated with coronavirus (COVID-19).

Visa customers outside of the UK:

There are changes at the border because of coronavirus (COVID-19). Check what you need to do before you travel.

Ongoing global restrictions mean some UKVI services will remain closed. Where services are resuming, existing customers will be contacted. As individual VACs reopen, customers will be contacted for passport return.

British nationals abroad who need to apply for a passport

Her Majesty’s Passport Office is accepting online passport applications.

If you are advised that you must book an appointment at their nearest VAC to submit your passport application, check if it’s open. If the VAC is still closed, you won’t be able to apply for a British passport until it re-opens. If you urgently need to travel to the UK, you should contact the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) to discuss options.

Compelling and compassionate circumstances

Where there are compelling or compassionate circumstances it may be appropriate to issue a visa waiver to those unable to apply for a visa, or authority to carry for those applicants with an issued but uncollected visa due to the disruption. Individuals should contact the British embassy, high commission or consulate of the country they are in if they think they fall into this category.

English Testing Centres

Some English Testing Centres are also resuming services. Visit the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)’s website, the Pearson Test of English website or the LanguageCert website or contact the customers test centre for more information on where we are reopening and how to book their Secure English Language Test.

If an individual’s 30-day visa to work, study or join family has expired

If you have a  30 day visa to travel to the UK for work, study or to join family has expired, or is about to expire, you can request a replacement visa with revised validity dates free of charge until the end of this year.

To make a request, you should contact the Coronavirus Immigration Team and include your name, nationality, date of birth and GWF reference number with ‘REPLACEMENT 30 DAY VISA’ in the subject line.

Source : https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents

Call now


Average rating for Our Testimonials, McGill & Co is 5 Star of 5 stars - based on 84 Review

Make an enquiry

Please let us know your name.
Please let us know your email address.
Please enter a valid phone number
Please let us know the nature of your enquiry
Please let us know your message.
How did you hear about us?

Please tell us your preferred office

Invalid Input

Latest Tweets